enduroindia 2007 - Charity Motorcycle Trek







Site Last Updated 22nd May 2007
My name is Bernard Ferguson, and I'm the Director of Motorsport for Cosworth Ltd. I have decided to take time out from the business of Motor Racing next February to undertake an exciting personal challenge and at the same time raise money for three very worthwhile causes. I’m off to Southern India for 2,500 km of dawn-to-dusk enduro motorcycling, off the beaten track, across Goa, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.

A group of us will be riding Royal Enfield Bullet motorbikes, based on the 1950’s British design but still built today in Madras. Our route takes us over the Western Ghat Mountains, desert plains, through protected wildlife reserves and ancient forests. All sponsorship from this trip will go to the Rainbow Trust, the Mother Teresa Charitable Society and the World Wildlife Fund (we ride through some of their Tiger reserves!).

I have paid the direct cost to take part myself so that all money raised through sponsorship will go to the Charities (sponsors won't be paying for me to have a jolly!).

I want to give as much as I can so if you or your organisation would also like to support me please pledge sponsorship online. There are two ways to sponsor me, either donate via paypal or credit card using the buttons on the right, or email me at charitybiker@gmail.com and I'll give you details about how to donate directly. If you want your donation to go to one of the charities in particular please mention that at the time.

I will be paying money into the organisers throughout the year so please don't wait until the last minute to donate.